Air Canada has announced a new partnership for its Aeroplan frequent flyer program members to earn and redeem points, as well as enjoy premium benefits, when booking a new scenic rail journey with Rocky Mountaineer.
With Rocky Mountaineer, Aeroplan members will be able to earn and redeem points and enjoy premium benefits when booking a scenic rail journey. Also, as a special introductory offer, members can earn up to 20,000 bonus points for each eligible traveller booked with Rocky Mountaineer.
Key features of the partnership include:
- Members can earn 20,000 bonus Aeroplan points per customer for booking in Rocky Mountaineer’s GoldLeaf Service and 10,000 bonus Aeroplan points per customer for SilverLeaf Service bookings for travel in 2021.
- For travel in 2022 and beyond, Aeroplan members will earn 2 points for every US$1 CDN spent on a GoldLeaf Service booking and 1 point for every US$1 CDN spent on a SilverLeaf booking.
- Aeroplan Elite Status members 50K and above and Aeroplan Premium Co-Brand Cardholders receive an upgrade from Rocky Mountaineer’s SilverLeaf to GoldLeaf Service, and two nights of upgraded hotel accommodations while travelling.
- Aeroplan Elite Status members 25K and above receive two nights of upgraded hotel accommodations while travelling.
- Members can redeem Aeroplan points on the Aeroplan eStore for either dollar eVouchers starting at US$50, or entire Rocky Mountaineer vacation package eVouchers.
To earn points and access these special upgrade benefits, Aeroplan members simply have to complete their booking by calling Rocky Mountaineer (at 1-800-875-9149). Members can provide their Aeroplan number at time of booking or they can call to add their Aeroplan number to any existing booking made after May 27, 2021 to be eligible for Aeroplan points accumulation and upgrades.
Aeroplan members can apply their Aeroplan number during Rocky Mountaineer’s online booking process to be eligible for earn and upgrades.
“With this partnership we’re bringing together two leaders in Canadian travel,” said Peter Armstrong, Founder and Interim CEO for Rocky Mountaineer. “We are delighted to introduce our iconic luxury travel experience to Aeroplan members. Train journeys are an enthralling way to explore the breathtaking scenery of western Canada and the southwest USA from our glass- domed trains.”
- Air Canada
- Rocky Mountaineer