The US-based home specialty retailer Williams-Sonoma has unveiled plans to try to enhance its customers’ shopping experience this holiday season with a serious focus on the health and safety of its associates and customers.
According to President and CEO, Laura Alber, the retailer aims to adapt to its customers’ evolving needs by focusing on helping them enjoy their time at home this holiday season. For example, additional services being offered by the company this season include:
- In addition to contactless curbside pickup, there will be a dedicated online order pickup queue outside the store so associates can assist customers in a quick and timely manner.
- Waiting list apps will be used to allow customers to check in and reserve their spot in line, allowing them to leave and return when they have virtually reached the front of the line.
- The company will offer online order pickup at UPS Access Point locations.
- The company will also offer private shopping appointments outside of normal store operating hours for customers who may be health-compromised.
- Store associates will continue to serve customers via virtual services such as “Ask the Experts” and “Design Chat”, especially regarding Thanksgiving decorating or holiday decorating, recipe planning and cooking tips.
- Check-out registers will be positioned toward the front of the stores where top gift picks are located to allow for fast and efficient check-out.
- There will be more associates serving customers and taking orders over the phone at each store.
Among the company’s wellness and safety measures:
- Social distancing limitations and heightened cleaning protocols are strictly in place in stores.
- Store associates are required to pass a wellness health check prior to each shift daily.
- Store associates and customers are required to wear facial masks for their protection.
Williams-Sonoma’s brands include Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm, Pottery Barn Teen, Williams Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are also part of The Key Rewards, a free-to-join loyalty program that offers benefits for members throughout the US, Puerto Rico, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.